Friday, June 15, 2012

MOONG DAAL CHEELA

Today I was not in the mood of regular dinner. Sometimes it gets so boring so thought of trying something different. Moong daal cheela ( Moong lentils pancake) is one such dish that I personally recommend if you are looking for nutrition in your diet. It is high in protein and healthy and scores high on flavors and taste.

 INGREDIENTS

1. Moong lentils - 500gm ( soaked for 6 hrs)
2.1 Onion finely chopped
3.Green chillies ( finely chopped)
4.  Fresh Corainder finely chopped
5. Crushed Black pepper  - 1 tsp
6. Garam Masala              - 1 tsp
7. Red chilly powder         - 1 tsp
8.Salt to taste

METHOD

Soak the lentils for 6 hours and then grind it finely in the mixer. Now add finely chopped green chillies, black pepper, garam masala, red chilly powder,fresh coriander, and salt .
Add water if needed to bring it to pouring consistency.
Heat the pan and sprinkle some water and wipe it. Now pour the batter using a laddle and spread it in a clockwise manner. Sprinkle finely chopped onions on top of it and let it cook evenly on medium flame. ( on high flame lentils will not cook evenly).
When it is cooked from both the sides and is crispy and light brown, keep it on a plate.

Usually chutneys and pickles go with the cheela and adds to its taste. I make this tomato-garlic chutney which is tangy and spicy and my husband just loves it.

TOMATO-GARLIC CHUTNEY

1. 2 tomatoes
2. 6-7 cloves garlic
3.  1 small ginger (as per taste)
4.  4 green chillies
5. 1 tsp  Lime juice
6. 4-5 mint leaves ( optional)
7. Salt to taste

Put all the ingredients in blender ( except salt) and grind. Pour in a bowl and add salt.
You can always experiment with it.


14 comments:

  1. Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a recipe right up my alley! I love the flavours and ingredients you have going on here. Are Moong lentils a must, or will any lentil do? I'm happy to be your new follower! Keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heya thanx for liking it. Moong lentils is healthy and digestable and easy to spread out if you are making cheela or crepes. If you want to use other lentils , kababs are better option. Will come up with that one soon...:)

      Delete
  3. Did I already try this? Or was it another one! I remember last time you made that tangy chutney! I relished it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it today and I really liked it. Also its very healthy..Thanks Rajvi for suggesting this site and thanks Richa for the recipe..:)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rajvi.....I think u haven't tried this one before. I made this recently. This Chutney is one of my favorites...luv that tangy garlic taste.

    @Kathak...hey thanx a lot re....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With similar dough, have also tried moonglate, which is nothing but a vegetraian omlette made with moong dal. Much thicker then the chilla. Try making this too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recipe is so delicious am going to give it a share on My Facebook Page.

    Look forward to trying it and eating it as soon as I am able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh thanx a ton for that kind compliment.....am so glad u liked it

      Delete
  8. hi richa like your "MOONG DAAL CHEELA" recipe it is easy to cook and also good for health thanks for shearing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and u can always give it a twist and make moong balls with the batter too for snacks or moong dahi vade

      Delete